What is the purpose of the survey?
This survey is being conducted by Dr Jane Osmond at Coventry University.
The aim of this survey is to research the experiences of academic women and men who travel for their Higher Education Institutions and is part of a larger study focusing on gender issues in transport (Transport Innovation Gender Observatory funded by the EU).
The data will add to existing knowledge and inform conference presentations/journal articles.
Why have I been chosen to take part?
You are invited to take part in an online survey because you are an academic who travels for your higher education institution.
Your participation in this study is entirely voluntary, and you can opt out at any stage by closing and exiting the browser during the online survey.
You will also have the option to agree to a follow-up interview at the end of the survey..
Length of survey
The survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- Ethics: The project has been reviewed and approved through the formal Research Ethics procedure at Coventry University. For further information, or if you have any queries, please contact the lead researcher Dr Jane Osmond, firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any concerns that cannot be resolved through the lead researcher, please contact Professor Andree Woodcock, email@example.com.
- Data Protection: Your answers will be treated confidentially and the information you provide will be kept anonymous in any research outputs/publications. Your data will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Your data will be held securely within Coventry University’s One Drive account [and will only be viewed by the researcher/research team. All identifying data will be deleted by 31.8.19.
- Withdrawal: You are free to withdraw your questionnaire responses from the project data set at any time until the data are fully anonymised in our records on 30.9.19. You should note that your data may be used in the production of formal research outputs (e.g. journal articles, conference papers, theses and reports) prior to this date and so you are advised to contact the university at the earliest opportunity should you wish to withdraw from the study.
- To withdraw, please contact the lead researcher (see below). Please also contact the Faculty Research Support Office (email firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone +44(0)2477658461) so that your request can be dealt with promptly in the event of the lead researcher’s absence. You do not need to give a reason. A decision to withdraw, or not to take part, will not affect you in any way.
- Data Controller: Coventry University is a Data Controller for the information you provide. You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. You also have other rights including rights of correction, erasure, objection, and data portability. For more details, including the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, please visit www.ico.org.uk Questions, comments and requests about your personal data can also be sent to the University Data Protection Officer - email@example.com.
Thank you for taking the time to participate in this survey. Your help is very much appreciated.
This part of the survey uses a table of questions,